Monday, January 19, 2015

Confetti

Busy blogger disclaimer: I wrote this post two weeks ago and forgot to publish it. Oops. Hope you can still enjoy the New Years theme.


I was in a big hurry to get ready for the new years party I was planning to attend. 
A new year, I was ready for it. 
The one we were saying goodbye to didn't even have a clear feeling I would remember.
It left my heart a lot more full, a little more worn.

I was determined to just get one more box unpacked before I jumped in the shower.
This years Christmas present will probably be put to good use for quite some time.
We moved into our new home on December 13! 
It even came with a barn!
My family didn't worry until I started talking about mini donkeys...
I'll have to break them in slowly.



Now you know what I have been up to all these weeks I forgot to write a post :)


As I hurriedly emptied the contents of the box, I was feeling so proud of myself that I had so much time left to get ready. I think I will wear that....

Crash!

That card game in my hand had slipped out of my grip and hundreds of cards now lay spread all over the floor like confetti. 

I almost smiled at how much this mess felt like a reflection of the past year of my life.
So many beautiful colors so mixed up I couldn't focus on where each one belonged.
Much like the memories of the success and failure, triumph and tribulations, however small they might have been.

As I picked them up one by one, I started to realize that just because sometimes life deals us challenges along with the gifts, doesn't mean I shouldn't be grateful for having been dealt them.

So this year I'm going to try a different tune, more about living, less about counting.

As Kenny put it...

"You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em

Know when to walk away
Know when to run
You never count your money
When you're sittin' at the table
There'll be time enough for countin'
When the dealin's done"



I hope your new year is off to a great start!
Here's what's been going on at Hillside Farm over the holidays.


Cold robots


Spoiled kitties


Princess of the Barn


Silly sisters

Silly Pumpkin

The manger is admired by all

I can't get out of bed kind of day

Mountain ice

Long line at the drive thru again
Christmas spirit

Sunrise sights

Sunset lights

Christmas hugs

Good conversations

Baby Rudolph

Twins sisters Jingle and Bell

Techno dog

Cozy Sunday

Happy times





1 comment:

  1. I love these pictures and notations! They make me feel so warm and fuzzy inside.
    Love you Laura,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete