Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Extra Mile

"It's never crowded along the extra mile."
Wayne Dyer

I am so fond of the quote above that I have it as the background on my phone. 
I have found great encouragement in it on days that seemed to never end.
I am discovering farm life has a way of nudging you to keep going,
 one more hour, one more mile.
To work your hardest in rain or shine,
 Monday nights or Saturday mornings.

Nudging you...

To walk the road before you




To rest when you are tired






To find laughter in the ordinary





To accept the bad hair days



To treat yourself once in a while



To be tough


To be thankful


To surround yourself with love



And to breathe in the beauty of it all









While it hasn't always been easy, I have come to greatly appreciate
 the lessons I have learned while traveling the extra mile. 
I hope to see you all along the way.


1 comment:

  1. You are so talented Laura, and so insightful. I look forward to each of your blogs.

    ReplyDelete